Skip to main content

 Initial Commit.

In this weeks module, we learned about many of the challenges and expectations of being in an online learning environment. I know the program provides great flexibility but at the same time requires a great deal of commitment to complete. I am excited to be in the program and look forward to completing it in two years time. As long as I follow the guidelines presented in the lecture material (schedule study time, log in to the class consistently, start early, etc.) I will be able to succeed in this online program.

I also learned a bit about the history of CSUMB and how the CSUMB online program is structured. I like the way we will be able to take one class at a time for most semesters so that the work load is not overwhelming. Many of my classmates situation is similar to mine where we are working full time jobs while attending school. I am thankful that the CSUMB Online Computer Science degree program lets me still have time to meet my family commitments.

This week we also started working in Open Learning Initiative (OLI) to learn about group work. In the first module I was introduced to a team that was trying to build a booth for a festival. There were several group members and each had a different approach to group work. The initial meeting did not seem to go very well and the different personalities were clashing with each other. I was able to identify some of the behaviors that led to poor team dynamics, but I know after working through the other OLI modules I will be able to better identify the poor behaviors and find solutions to remedy them.

My plan for this upcoming week is to finish my Module 1 work, especially the industry outline assignment and start work on Module 2. I also want to work on my iOS tutorials in the background and make sure to commit my progress to Github.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Learning Journal

 Part One: Educational Goals The biggest goal I have is to graduate from the CSUMB CS Online Program at the end of 2025 and receive my diploma. I plan on attending the graduation ceremony in person and walking across the stage to receive it. I feel that continuing to envision the actual diploma will help to continue to inspire me to work towards that goal. Part Two: Career Goals One of my biggest career goals is to find employment as an iOS mobile app developer after graduation from the CSUMB CS Online program. I feel this is possible and in addition to the degree I plan on releasing at least three more apps to the app store before graduation.  Part Three: ETS Computer Science Test After reviewing the overview and the sample ETS test I feel that I would likely score in the 50th percentile. I am not too worried about my score because I know I can improve it by reviewing the topics listed in the test. Most of the information on the test I am familiar with but I know I will need to go bac

Week 2 Learning Journal Post

 Week 2 Learning Journal Post Part 1: Review and Reflect Learning Strategy     For Part 1 of this assignment I read an article about effective study skills and reflect on our top three and bottom three areas. The first item I feel that I am relatively good at is "Getting the Main Idea".  I am confident in my ability to understand the overall idea of a topic when studying. I find this helpful as it reminds me that each paragraph is trying to support the main idea. This helps me to connect the ideas in my head and internalize what I am studying. This ties into my second strength in "Extracting Important Details". I find that when I am able to understand the main idea, I am looking for the important details that support that main idea. The third strategy I feel confident in is "Answering Easy Questions First". I like to use this as a study strategy to help build momentum and feel more confident as I work through the assignment.      The first study strategy I